Yes, there will be a Waffle House
The Atlanta Braves begin their first season at SunTrust Park in less than a month. When fans arrive for Opening Day, they’ll find an impressive roster dining options inside the new Cobb County ballpark. A few well-known Atlanta restaurants will have outposts inside the home of the Braves, according to a Thursday announcement.
First & Third Hot Dog & Sausage Shack, from celebrity chef Hugh Acheson, was previously announced for the ballpark. That will be joined by Fox Bros. Bar-B-Q, H&F Burger, King of Pops, Gu’s Dumplings, High Road Craft Ice Cream, Waffle House, and Chick-fil-A. Not only will SunTrust Park highlight Atlanta restaurants, concessions will give fans a “taste of Braves Country” by serving cuisine from throughout the South.
- South Carolina: Pimento cheese patty melt, served with caramelized onions and smoked paprika on rye.
- North Carolina: Smoked whole-hog barbecue sandwich, served on white bread with chopped southern slaw and vinegar sauce.
- Tennessee: Nashville hot chicken, served with bread & butter pickles.
- Mississippi: Blackened catfish po’ boy taco, served with slaw and comeback sauce.
- Alabama: Fried tomahawk pork chop, served on an “extra-large” potato roll with collard green slaw and white barbecue sauce.
Delaware North Sportservice, the Braves’ concessions partner, is also launching a “Farm to Fan” initiative at the ballpark. The company will source from more than 40 Atlanta-area producers to serve dishes that will change throughout the season based on available ingredients and seasonality.
“Braves fans come from far and wide, and each one has a different and delicious food they enjoy while watching a baseball game,” Shawn Mattox, Delaware North’s general manager at SunTrust Park, said in a prepared statement. “We designed a menu that underscores the diversity of southern cooking and created dishes that we know all fans will enjoy while in Atlanta for a game.”